IELTS Exam Training
This is an elective class for students who wish to boost their proficiency in English language. In this course, students will be taught essential skills and techniques in order to master the IELTS exam. Upon passing IELTS they will be eligible to apply for universities easily as they had fulfilled the partial requirements needed.
The IELTS test is recognized by any local and international universities for admissions. It is increasingly accepted by institutions all over the world.
How you will be trained?
This course focuses on a comprehensive overview of the IELTS test components and helps you develop the skills you need to obtain a creditable score on the IELTS. We offer a 4-week programme or a 8-day workshop which will cover the following skills and strategies:
- Test structure, type and style of questions.
- Test directions and time management for the different sections.
- Reading and Listening strategies for speedy comprehension.
- Writing strategies to fulfill actual exam requirements.
Speaking strategies to respond appropriately in the oral interview. Students are advised to take our Placement Test before undertaking this programme as this programme best suits students with an intermediate level of proficiency in English, or higher.
Duration of the course
- 8-day (16 hours) workshop
- 4-week (48 hours) programme (available upon request by group)
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Know the composition and expectation of the IELTS Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking sections of test.
- Develop IELTS-specific listening strategies.
- Hone general reading as well as IELTS reading strategies.
- Be able to identify the question types that accompany the reading passages.
- Be able to plan and write a good essay in the style that IELTS demands.
- Be able to respond fluently and accurately using correct pronunciation and range of vocabulary in the oral interview.
- Improve their score on the IELTS.
Focused approach to achieve the best results in the test.
We suggest that students should have completed the advanced level at English Academy in order to do well in IELTS. Students who are not registered in English Academy should obtain 80%in our ELPT test to be eligible for IELTS preparation course.
Maximum Class Size